Wednesday, April 30, 2014

On Leaving Detroit

Tina: This is so complicated! There are so many reasons why we decided to leave Detroit. Its hard to sum things up. Part of leaving was to get some needed space for reflection. Here's what I've got so far. Expect more to come.

I left Detroit because I was so unbelievably depressed for such a long period of time that I lost sense of myself. Detroit is like an open wound that I can't stop bleeding for. I hope to learn how to give without losing large chunks of myself, but for now, I can't give anymore to Detroit because there's nothing left to give. I do not know what makes me happy. I do not know what I want to do with myself. I do not know what to do with my time and my energy.

I do know that I crave vulnerability as an artist and as a soul. I'm hoping to heal over the next few weeks? months? however long it takes to get to a place again where I can stand before others and bear open myself.  


No comments:

Post a Comment