Thursday, May 1, 2014

We'll Find It!

CJ: Did you know that the young teen generation does not use facebook? So I hear from Tina's younger sister Morgan Cody (14 years old).

One goal with the WaterHouse blog is to take part in a social media generation. When nothing else is certain, there is the hope that maybe we can at least find meaning on the internet. Maybe my music can be viewed on YouTube, maybe our story can be told on Facebook and Blogger.

The truth is: I cannot keep up. I am 23 and feeling older every day. (Mean Girls just had its TEN YEAR anniversary!) Morgan and her friends use Vine and Instagram, which I know nothing about.

As the landscape changes, we must stay tuned into that which has intrinsic value for us. We gotta stay true to ourselves! If I stay true to myself I may fail, I may experience disappointment, but I will not live with regret. With or without "likes" or "followers", I find intrinsic value in creating the way I do.

I may never be like lil b, who seems to dance through social media like a true G. I may not know what's cutting edge in NYC (my journey finds me 5 years away from the last time I lived in the big city). But I know a lot about me, and I know I am tuned into my relationship with Tina. Somewhere in there is a contribution to be made, a body of work in the making. (And we'll find it)

Our final picture in the original WaterHouse!

Nyla posing with all of our earthly possessions

Me getting schooled by Morgan Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment