Saturday, May 17, 2014

On Writing

Tina: I've been reading a lot this year and a lot here at Windham. My goal is to get to 50 books in 2014. This all started because I adore getting swept up in a book and opening my reality to the reality of characters. It is also because I am fascinated with writing and crafting stories.

I have journaled daily since I was 13 and it has taken me a long time to admit to myself that I am a writer. Just typing it feels strange, but it's true, I am a writer. 

The first week here at Windham (and many weeks, months, and years before) I ignored this quiet voice screaming: "write a book, write a book."  Simply put, I'm sick of avoiding this thing. For the past week I've been writing for an hour straight every day, in addition to my daily hour journal writing sessions. My hand is soar, but my spirit is full. I'm working on conquering one fear at a time, but as of now I'm writing. It doesn't matter if it will turn into a book that changes the world or it stays as a bunch of looseleaf sheets in a folder. I'm writing and it feels good to indulge that little screaming voice into song.

No comments:

Post a Comment