Friday, May 23, 2014

Learning from Dogs

CJ:
I have learned so much from dogs!
  • Living in the moment: Dogs live only in the moment. They do not think about the stressful day they just had or how much they have to do later on. They are with you in this moment, embrace it!
  • Patience: Dog training constantly rewards patience on the part of the human. Every time I take the time out of my day to focus on a lesson or habit with Nyla, she rewards me by showing progress. Sometimes these times come when I least expect them, but I have learned that, most of the time, whatever I was doing can wait.
  • Consistency: Dogs need routine. They need to have consistent eating and bathroom times throughout the day. The great surprise is that humans benefit from routine just as much as dogs do! As an artist I find that I can be most creative in my artistic life if the other parts of my life have consistency that can be depended on.
  • Exercise: All dogs need exercise- and so do humans!
  • Responsibility: I am responsible for this beings life, without me and Tina she would fall victim the the world around her. She creates everyday reasons to be a responsible person, and for that I am very grateful :D
Ben missing his partner in crime...Jerry!

No comments:

Post a Comment