Saturday, March 1, 2014

Speak My Truth

CJ:

Every day is its own. We've begun the 20 Something Project in ernest. If there is one thing I know about being 20 something, before we even begin doing interviews, it's that this is a time for being lost. It is amazing how much my own desires can change from one month to the next, from one week to the next, from one day to the next, and from moment to moment. I often feel that Tina and I are on an unending journey of highs and lows as we search for "purpose".

I suppose I can remember feeling this way at many times in my life, but there is something special about this age in particular. It is the first time we can actually decide to do things. We are not chained into a high school schedule, we aren't committed to a degree program. If we decide to move, we can actually just do it.

It's something I've dreamed of for a long time. Now that it's here I find it to be stressful as much as it is liberating. I've never actually had to decide where I wanted to live or what I wanted my contribution to society to be, those things have always been laid out before me by heritage.

I'm glad I have someone to journey with. Tina and I just had a conversation about how we are grateful to be able to speak our truth to each other on a daily basis. Some days are grueling and filled with pressure and indecision. We are being pulled in many directions, and we know nothing for sure. We are lucky to have each other in this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment