Friday, February 28, 2014

20 Something Tries To Communicate

Tina: My turn to blog! Technically I'm at work. Technically I shouldn't be doing 'personal' things. Meh.

Today I am consumed with thoughts of "The 20 Something Project" (working title) (the newest Sparrow creation) This is me & CJ's recent conception. We're still working on our project description, so forgive me for the informal explanation: We're looking to interview/meet people age 21-27 and ask them a few big ticket questions about their PURPOSE. I'm curious about the identity of our generation and how everyone is handling the transition from youth to adulthood. I know I'm not the only one wrestling with my purpose. I want to know how other people my age are figuring out why they are alive.

SO, we're starting to have weekly rehearsals and meetings where we begin to organize this process, form a timeline, goals and so on. (Of course we're going to be documenting the whole sucker) (Hence, we are a generation of documentation) (What is that about btw? Are we afraid of being forgotten in the ocean of an overpopulated internet?) Anyways, if any of you have title suggestions, please throw them our way! I like 20 Something, but we're at the beginning of this road and would love feedback.


Random activity: I found this in Dr. Rosenberg's book "Nonviolent Communication" and I find it fascinating. Make a list of all the things that you tell yourself you have to do. List any activity you dread but do anyway because you perceive yourself to have no choice. Then insert the words "I choose to" in front of each item you listed. (acknowledging that you don't HAVE to do anything, you CHOOSE to do the things you do) Next add to the list "I choose to...because I want..." (helps to identify the intention behind  your choice) (What needs do you have? Money? Approval? Escape punishment? Avoid shame or guilt?)



No comments:

Post a Comment