Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Arctic Chill

Tina: We really picked quite a winter to move to Detroit. The high today is 2 degrees and the low is -26 with windchill. University of Michigan closed today for the first time in over 20 years. Newscasters are referring to this cold as "the arctic chill" . . .

CJ had the day off because of the cold which means a long and productive day of music making for him, which gooooood.

I guess its time to announce that I got a promotion! I will be working full time for ECHO (a new non-profit in Detroit) I will be doing administrative work as well as blogging, graphic design, and some video editing. totally sweet.

Tonight CJ and I discovered that we have very different concepts of the word 'silence.' For him, silence is the sounds of nature and the sounds of machines are loud. For me it is the complete opposite. I feel that nature, birds, and trees have a heartbeat and are noisy with life, whereas machines feel neutral, isolating, and silent. However, we both prefer to be in nature--we just have different ways of listening.


No comments:

Post a Comment