Monday, January 13, 2014

Great Lakes and Pretzels


Tina: Today was a great day for me. I spent the morning at Great Lakes Cafe and wrote my face off. I've been trying this thing of writing for as long as I possibly can without stopping. Today I made it to 1.5 hrs! This is huge! I hope to build up for a "marathon" write of 5 hours straight. Its not so much about time as it is limitation--the time constraint allows for creativity. I have to surrender to the exercise and let  it all flow through me. It also wayy cuts down my self judgement and criticism.

Here's my character journal. In here I write as a girl (who has yet to have a name) who has strange dreams and her life itself is very basic--orange soda pop cans, her father never leaves his recliner, she has wide feet..but her dreams are strange and magical. Anyways, so when I am writing in this journal I write as her. I started doing this a few weeks ago and I've found it to be an incredibly successful way to get to know characters and start to build a story line.
--Also--I collaged this journal! Sweet, right?



The other major news of the day is I made homemade soft pretzels for Mr. CJ who was not having the best of days (something to do with student loans...yuck) I whipped the recipe together super quick thanks to Sally and her "Baking Addiction Blog" Here's the link to her epic recipe--> Homemade Soft Pretzels! It turned out SO GOOD. Normally I have a 2 bake rule--I allow myself to accept that the first time cooking something is really hard and it often sucks...not this time! ANYONE can make these pretzels. DO IT.





No comments:

Post a Comment