Friday, May 30, 2014

On Manifesting and Prayer

CJ:
That's right folks- WE'RE MOVING TO BALTIMORE!

As we prepare for a new journey in a new place we have been practicing manifesting. Manifesting is when you state out loud what your dreams are, when you actively envision what you would like to see happen. And not in a shallow way like, "I want money and success" but to really think about the scenario. We have been saying things like "We want a very affordable small apartment with a kitchen that allows dogs in an active neighborhood." We've been saying things like, "We want interesting work schedules that change from week to week and multiple part time jobs."

Manifesting is a lot like prayer. When I pray to get I sometimes simply state what I want to happen (when I'm not confessing or giving thanks.) These requests are meaningful, even though we don't barter with God or see God as somehow serving us upon request. Instead, we leave it in God's hands- but not without actively searching our souls and deciding what we want. This can be seen as part of the calling for a created being, to actively desire and create the world that ought to be.

Sometimes we can make our manifestations happen ourselves, sometimes they our paths seem guided. Sometimes our prayers and manifestations are answered in ways we didn't expect, and in the process see our request in a new way. Sometimes we expressly don't get what we wanted, and learn something from this as well. No matter what happens, it is always productive to actively make a choice about what you want.

1 comment:

  1. I like this a lot. Was looking through some old photos and thought of you guys. I hope (can I do it too?) that we can see each other again sometime, and I hope that you are well.

    ReplyDelete