Monday, May 5, 2014

On Lil B

CJ:


I don't often listen to rap music, but when I do, I listen to it for a long time. Usually, on nights like tonight, I listen to song after song, searching for something, and I end up listening to Lil B.

Lil B represents the end of rap music to me. There can be no rap after Lil B.

He has made too much music to keep up with. Much like God, Lil B can only be found by those who are truly searching. Lil B has created moments of immense beauty, immense joy. But he has also created things so vile that I can't justify them in my mind. This too, is much like God.

I don't personally know anyone who feels the way I do about Lil B, and I don't fully understand why I keep coming back to his music. But, I know that tomorrow, when I start again to work on music again, I will approach it differently now that I have been reminded once again of Lil B.

I will not be rapping- I will be trying to create something genuine. 

Peace Be With You.

No comments:

Post a Comment