Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Living this way.

CJ:

Knowing that we're leaving changes how I approach my daily life. I know that this job will be over soon so I just do my best. I know that I won't have time with these people so I speak my truth. I know I won't see these buildings for long so make sure to take in the image while I wait at a red light.

I'm surprised to find that there are neighborhoods here that make me feel nostalgia. That's surprising considering I've only been here eight months.

There is something about moving, uprooting, that people find admirable. The innate human desire for freedom is tapped.

Moving is like a miniature version of life ending. A coming to a close. A conclusion. A departure to something else entirely. And this is how I'm living.

No comments:

Post a Comment