Sunday, March 23, 2014

On Faith

Tina:
I am learning that I am a woman.
To me that means I stand in my truth.
That can be hard for me.
I often seek approval of authority figures and avoid judgement from others.
I am letting that go.
I am a woman and to me that means I listen to my spirit.
My spirit is telling me it is time to leave Detroit.
It has been saying that for some time now.

CJ:
I am learning what it means to be a man.
To be steadfast and true.
To know fear and bravery.
To know god in the minutia.

I have seen the face of change.
I have seen change gallop like a steed.
And I have been afraid.

Only he who knows fear can say they may know bravery.
Only he who knows god in the minutia has hope of knowing gods greatness.

Tina:
We've decided its time to leave Detroit.
We're grateful to everyone who helped us on our path here.
We're grateful to those who journey with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment