Saturday, February 1, 2014

Today

CJ:
Today, we bought a cabinet looking workstation for Tina's crafty doings.


Today, Nyla chewed the corner off of our table! I was upset. I am upset. I'll get over it.





Today, it rained in Detroit. I can't decide if that's better or worse than snow, but at least it was warm! (35 degrees...)

Today, I tried making a yellow rice dish. It turned out okay but I think it looked better than it tasted. (Note: the plate is left unfinished.)



Today, Tina and I went through a range of emotions, somehow. We were exasperated when we found  the mess the Nyla had lovingly created for us. We were pensive in deliberation at the thrift store. We were elated when we threw out an old chair that wasn't helping our feng shui.

Today, we met our neighbor. Actually, it was the second time we had met her (Tiffany is her name), but the first time was brief. This encounter felt humanizing, i think, for both us and her. It can be for too easy to create a false image of your neighbors. (Especially when you can hear them through the walls.) It's so easy to judge!

No comments:

Post a Comment