Monday, January 20, 2014

MLK

CJ:

There's a gnome on the window sill
There's a plant on the counter
There's a sticky spot on the table
There's a stain in the bottom of the hot water pot

It seems darker outside than it is, from in here
It seems warmer in here than it is, right after the heat goes on
It seems longer, this winter, than any I've known
It seems normal, the road, but its icy

I hope there isn't any reason for suspicious people on the street to feel threatened by me
I hope the American government changes
I hope hollywood starts making good movies eventually
I hope I don't slip on the ice

I'm in the right place at this time in my life, even if I don't know why and the struggles always sneak up
I'm going to find the courage to perform my music
I'm going to see Tina become- something. (Not sure what.)
I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment